Vaptistis Winery -Altana Rose 0,75LT
White, Dry, Mavrothiriko
LOCATION : From our private vineyards of the Asites region in the foothills of Psiloritis, 20km southwest of Heraklion, Crete, we use the raw materials to produce this particular wine.
VARIETY : Malvasia di Candia Aromatica - Chardonnay.
VINTAGE : Separate vinification for each variety with pre-fermentation extraction and fermentation at 17˚C. Maturation for 3 months on fine lees, followed by bottling.
FEATURES : Malvasia di Candia Aromatica-Chardonnay. The grapes of these two varieties combine their virtues to create a pleasant and well-balanced wine. Complex bouquet with prominent aromas of pineapple, banana and lemon blossom.
ACCOMPANIMENT : The perfect accompaniment for seafood, poultry and fruit. Best consumed at 10˚C-12˚C.
- Silver medal for PRINOS 2008 at the VIENNA WINE CHALLENGE 2009.
- COMMENDED AWARD for PRINOS 2009 at the DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2010.
- PRESTIGE TROPHY (BRONZE MEDAL) for PRINOS 2009 in the competition LES CITADELLES DU VIN 2010 in France.
- Gold medal for PRINOS 2010 in the CHALLENGE INTERNATIONAL DU VIN in France.
- BRONZE MEDAL for PRINOS 2010 in the DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2011.
- GOLD MEDAL for PRINOS 2011 in the CONCOURS MONDIAL DU BRUXELLES 2012.
- BRONZE MEDAL for PRINOS 2011 in the DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2012.
- BRONZE MEDAL for PRINOS 2011 in CHALLENGE INETRNATIONAL DU VIN 2012 in France.
PHILOSOPHY : This particular wine is a blend of two white varieties. We have created a wine with quite an intense and complex bouquet thanks to the Malvasia di Candia Aromatica, while the Chardonnay adds a complex and rich taste. It goes perfectly with many foods, notably seafood and poultry, but is also pleasant simply with the accompaniment of fruit.